Sunday, June 14, 2015

Great Event,Great Crowd!!




I attended the Capital City Food Truck Festival on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. On Friday

night, arriving around 7:30, I stood in line at Noble House Hawaiian Lunch Plate for about forty-five

minutes only to be informed that they had sold out of their menu. Although I was a bit disappointed

initially, I was able to go down a few trucks and try a delicious bbq brisket sandwich from HHB (

Hog, Herd, and Bird). It was one of the only trucks that was still serving food. The event was packed

until closing but it was great to see such a good turnout for a Topeka event.

   Saturday I arrived around 11:15 am and hopped in line for Noble House and received my food

in about thirty minutes. I ordered a chicken teriyaki ($10,left) and chicken

katsu($12,right). I was worth it.  I recommend it and I will definitely try it again.

I also tried Coffee Cake K.C., which delicious. Their specialty was coffee but they had every

cupcake,cookie,or smoothie to satisfy any sweet fix. By the time I finished my latte and red velvet

cupcake I was stuffed. When I left the park at 3:00 pm, the food area was still packed.

Although this event was crowded, it was great to see the community of Topeka come out and enjoy

something exciting.  All but three of the trucks were local so I look forward to locating them here in

town.










Photos by Annika Phelps

6 comments:

  1. This was an event I was really looking forward to but I ended up working. I hadn't heard about any but one food truck here in topeka but chicken teriyaki is one of my favorites so I might have to keep and eye out for them. I also would really love to know more about Coffee Cake KC. Is it primarily in Kansas City or do they just use KC in their name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teriyaki sauce from Noble House was the best sauce I have ever tasted and I've had my fair share of all types of Asian cuisine. It's definitely worth checking out. They are located at the Farmer's Market in downtown Topeka every Saturday morning from 7:30am to noon and around 10th and Topeka Ave. during the week during lunchtime hours. Coffee Cake KC is the name of their mobile truck but 3 Women and an Oven is their bakery located in Overland Park. Their red velvet cupcakes and vanilla latte was on 10. (really good)

      Delete
  2. Do you know where these food trucks are most of the time? Do they just travel around Topeka or do they normally park in the same places? I know there is one in the parking lot where I work pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do have preferred locations. I know that Noble House frequents the Farmer's Market and the downtown Topeka area during lunch. The same goes for X marks the Spot. I've caught them at 10th and Topeka on a couple of occasions. The best way to find them is to follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

      Delete
  3. I Live in Kansas City so do they have this actually in KC as well, or just in Topeka and that it the title of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have several food trucks in Kansas City. Check out http://roaminghunger.com/kc to find all the trucks in and around the K.C. area. Hope you get a chance to check some out.

      Delete